WhatsApp launched its business-focused solutions with the intention of assisting rapidly expanding companies in utilising WhatsApp for their expansion. Businesses should go this path due to WhatsApp’s enormous popularity and business possibilities.
Business messages delivered on WhatsApp receive greater open rates when compared to traditional methods of communicating with customers (such as email and newsletters). It provides your company with the ideal opportunity to use WhatsApp to reach customers, particularly in nations like India where WhatsApp is widely used.
For a variety of reasons, you might need to delete your WhatsApp Business account after you’ve created it. These explanations might be technical, involve a business shutdown, or include starting a whole new line of business. In certain situations, you have the option to convert your corporate WhatsApp account to a standard personal WhatsApp account rather than immediately deleting it. In case you’re taking the services from any WhatsApp Business service provider like Notbot, you can contact them for this process. Let’s discuss the possibilities together.
What will happen if you delete your WhatsApp Business Account?
Your company won’t be present on WhatsApp if you delete your WhatsApp Business account. Your account will be erased along with the entirety of your chat history with clients and, if any, your membership in any groups. You must deactivate your WhatsApp Business account for 90 days in order to permanently erase it.
Nevertheless, all you have to do to regain control of your WhatsApp Business account if you decide to change your mind is to log back in within 90 days of deactivating the account. The deleting procedure will halt as a result.
How to convert a WhatsApp Business account to a normal account?
A WhatsApp Business account can also be converted into a regular WhatsApp account using the steps listed below as an alternative to deletion. Make a backup of the WhatsApp Business data before you begin. You have the option of backing up your data to iCloud or Google Drive.
- Step 1: Download and install the WhatsApp App (personal) from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Launch the WhatsApp program. Enter the same phone number you use for your WhatsApp Business account when prompted to verify it.
- The number is now associated with a WhatsApp Business account, and all the data related to the business profile, labels, and items will be erased, according to a notice message you will get if you haven’t removed the WhatsApp Business account. Remember that this process cannot be reversed.
- Step 3: Carry with the verification procedure. Enter the six-digit code (which, depending on your preference, you will either get as an SMS or a call).
- Step 4: You have the option to restore a backup of your chats from iCloud or Google Drive to your individual account. Once permissions have been granted, you can configure WhatsApp as you see fit. You can keep using the same phone number for your personal WhatsApp account.
How to delete your WhatsApp Business account via WhatsApp Business API?
The procedure for deactivating the WhatsApp Business account varies for companies using the WhatsApp Business API. To terminate the WhatsApp Business membership, the company should get in touch with its WhatsApp Business Solution Provider (BSP).